Friday, June 18, 2010

Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I've seen several people post about Locks of Love...I've just made my 2nd donation and I would like to hear from others who do and what is their motivation.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

My daughter will be donating soon. her hair is almost down to her waist. We saw a little girl one day being fitted for a wig, when I was getting my cancer treatment. My daughter felt so touched, and has been talking about it ever since. I would love to donate hair or blood, but hair is terrible since raditation, and my blood they will not accept.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

My hair was long enough in march and I donated it. My motivation was the fact that I will never have use for that hair and knowing that someone who goes without will be able to use it to make themselves more comfortable/happy.



:-)



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I have and I think the motivation is obvious. It is a great cause. Mine is so thick and grows fast so I don't mind growing it back from time to time. Besides I get to play with new styles, right?



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

i would love to but my hair is not long enough



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

my sister did it because its not like she was going to be using it after she got it cut anyway, and it was a very nice thing to do for some poor person that had cancer and was going through chemo.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I have considered it, my hair actually might be long enough now.



It is because I feel sorry for those people who lose their hair in chimo and I know someone who died of CANCER AT TWENTY



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I donated mine once and I'm growing it out again. My motivation is a friend who died of cancer. The person doesn't choose to loose their hair, so why not do what you can to help them out?



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

well im a dude, but i kinda have a softspot for that kinda thing so i grew my hair out till it was 24 inches long (it took me almost a year and a half) then cut it so it was 2 inches long. (im a dude so it looks good like that) then i decided that instead of going from long hair to short hair, i should go from long hair to no hair. so i shaved the final 2 inches off and im bald now. ive been bald for a happy 3 weeks.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I recently donated two feet of hair and my husband donated three feet a few months before I cut mine. His motivation was that we moved to the Caribbean and it was too hot for that much hair. Mine was that I had just studied chemotherapy drugs and thought that if patients are that miserable, they should at least be able to go out in public without feeling weird.



I know that most of the hair isn't for cancer patients, but it still helps some kid be a little less apprehensive about being out in public.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

I would be very careful about leaving your DNA laying around like that. There is no telling how many police forces are looking for you right now because they found a strand of your hair laying somewhere where a crime had been commited.



I am a guy and it worries me that someone would put my hair in their bed and call rape on me.



Too spokie don't do it. I know it helps kids to have a wig but they can get the man made type. They will not get mine so I can spend the rest of my life in jail.



Plus that is gross to have something from someones body on me and it is no longer attached to them. Could even catch something from it.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

My granddaughter did this when she was eight. A video was shown at school about sick children. Since this was something that had really touched her heart, my son and daughter in law supported her decision. I have high hopes for this child. She is only 10 now and was 8 then.



God Bless and have a good weekend.



Cutting hair - donate Locks of Love.?

If my hair was long enough, I would. It would help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Can humans catch giardia from dogs