Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

i'm thinking of chopping my hair it off.it's quite long as it is now.



i have a small head and small facial features (beside my nose unfortunatly lol) so short hair would suit me.



like this ...



http://www.ramptostore.com/images/hairst...



But i'm worried that the change will be too dramatic.



Has anyone cut their hair and regretted it?



Or has anyone known someone who look completly horrible after cutting their hair??



thanx xx



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

One time I cut my hair for locks of love and totally hated it, but i had not idea what kind of cut i wanted. a couple weeks ago a cut off a large amount again and told the hairstlyist exactly how i wanted it. I LOVE IT! as long as you know how you want it, it will turn out great. I love that cut in the picture.



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

Looks a great style and sometimes it is good to have a change... and the best thing about hair is that it grows back!



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

well it will def. feel a lot lighter. i wouldnt recomend it because that hairstyle is a bit too short. try shoulder length hair with coppy layers and sideswept bangs



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

i think you need to really think about it hun as im a hairdresser and most people do it in stages but i love the style and id pick it or just try a longer version of it to see how you feel as you can always go shorter without regret but its up to you xxxx



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

I do this periodically....let my hair grow out (below shoulders to mid back) and then chop it off. I find it kind of fun. But...the first time I did it, it was a bit traumatic. After a couple of weeks I started to love it (it was a bit shorter than your pic), and I got tons of compliments. I kept is short for a few years. Now I just seem to go in a cycle, and at some point my long hair annoys me enough to want to chop it off.



It's only hair, and it will grow back. But it's hard to know if you'll find the big chop exhilarating or traumatic. I noticed that some people recommend that you cut off a smaller amount, then go shorter if you like it. That is an option, but you're less likely to make the big chop if you take that approach. Good luck either way!



Edit: If you do decide to go through with it, be prepared for your hairstylist to try to talk you out of it. I even had one ask me if it would be OK with my boyfriend....seriously!



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

I have just recently had my hair cut from mid back length to around under my chin and it goes high at the back of my head.



I was really nervous but i 100% love it now because i knew what i wanted.



If you like that style (which is lovely by the way) and you know it will suit your face, there is no harm in trying!



Your hair grows back in the end anyway!



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

been there, done that!



I love having short hair. It's easier to look after, It's cute and feels sexy and it only takes me like 5 minutes to brush it in the morning. I'd never go back to long.



Good luck, if you go for it :-)



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

don't decide you hate your cut right away.



it takes a couple of days to grow accustomed to seeing yourselves in the mirror that way.



I say GO FOR IT!!



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

I think you need to really think about it.



Think about how you would feel if you woke up in the morning and you didn't have your long hair? Plus how would you feel if you wouldn't be able to style your hair the way you do now?



I have long hair too. It used to be longer. I did consider cutting it off but I knew I would hate not being able to do as many styles as I do now. So instead I had a fringe cut in and short layers added, it was a dramatic change, but not short.



That hairstyle in the picture is amazing. Beautiful style and really sexy.



Just think about whther you would seriously miss your hair. Cos once you cut it all off, there's not going back and it will take a long time to get it long again.



You might be ready for short hair, long hair takes alot of effort to maintain, you might of just had enough of the length and fancy a whole new look! If that's the case - this hairstyle rocks!



Good luck :-)



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

What I would suggest is doing it a little at a time...start by going to your shoulders...then if you like that...get a "bob"... and keep going shorter from there...its a cute hair cut tho



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

Well I had hair about down to my elbows/waist and then I got it cut up to my chin!



It was a very on the spot decision the hairdresser said I would suit it (it was actually the POB the Victoria Beckham had before her shortest hair) and I said okay do it.



It was the best thing the ever happened to my hair!



I now look back at my pictures with my long hair and go "what was I thinking"!



I have had my hair short coming up for two years in July.



Considering the fact I had just started high school (I was eleven nearly twelve) and was very fashion concois my Mum was hocked at my desision but was happy after it was cut.



You can have a look at pictures on my long and short hair hair on these websites -



http://bebo.com/morgancee and http://bebo.com.morgancee-pictures



Just scroll down to wear my pictures are.



I say go for it hair will grow back if you don't like it but if you say you have a big nose short hair is supposed to make your features look more delicate/smaller so that will help.



I want my hair like that photo now but don't worry I won't copy LOL!



Anyway hope I helped!



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

If you decide to cut your long hair, you can sell it at: http://hairbuyer.com



Dramatic hair-cut? ie long hair to SHORT hair?

I went from about shoulder-length to. . . well, I don't know that there's ever a hair on my head longer than maybe 2". . . about 8 1/2 years ago. I've yet to really regret it, quite honestly. The lady I went to did it in a couple of stages so I could always quit before it'd take forever to grow out again if I didn't like it, so you might want to think about that. Once everyone you know has seen you for the first time, it's really not that big of a deal.



If you think it'll look good with your face and you're fine not having to spend forever on it in the morning, I'd go for it. Having it short does limit your options in terms of styling -- whether that's actually going to bother you is an issue.



I've had several people over the years tell me my hair looks so much better than it ever did long-ish. Oh, and it's all dry and ready to go in the morning in under 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Can humans catch giardia from dogs